Wednesday, January 28, 2009

finally seeing rome

i basically live in the brooklyn of rome. so to actually go see everything you would think of rome, you have to use the bus or tram to get to it. so the 4th day or so my roommates and i went into rome rome. there we finally got to see the spanish steps, trivi fountain, pantheon and the tomb of the unkown soilder with such a great view of the colloseum. there, we also walked around and found the 5th avenue and the most amazing amazing incredibly amazing restaurant. i died at last 4 times eating my delicious cheesy pasta with muschrooms. YUM! i prob consumed my cholestral for the year, however the pizza and gelati are too good to pass up, so maybe 5 years.
everything was really great and amazing, depsite the no english, my lack of italian and difficulty of getting things and the fact that my camera battery and charger are currently somewhere on its way to me since i left it at home- knock on wood i hope it actually gets here! so hopefully i will be able to go back to all these places and take pictures with my real camera.

not to mention- i keep trying to speak hebrew, which will not help you here let me tell you.
so yes, that was my first experience in rome rome, which made me much happier since i really thought i would be living there and not brooklyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment