Wednesday, February 11, 2009

my bed is broke

so, i just came back from my art class where we went to see the roman forum. it actually started raining, then hailing/snowing. the ground is now icy mushy and it feels like im in englad. the roman forum is outside, so i have like 5 layers on, no joke. but i swear it didnt make me heavier! i just went to sit on my bed like a normal sit, not a flop or a bounce or a fall. and my bed is kinda broken now. i suppose i should tell them i need a new bed and mattress while they are at it...maybe, we shall see.
in the meantime, the forum is fine. i have it with 2 sorta friends, i take the pix with this one guys camera which is dumb that i wnt with mine but w/e im gettin his pix from him, and he takes the notes. it was intersting. its incredible ot think they built all this and walked around and everything. they have one arch they built to show they conquired jerusalem and there is a menorah and other things they claim would come from solomans temple. that was cool. however if u walk under it its disrespecting jews, because they built it to show they conquered jews. so what im thinking, after speaking to my wisdomness father and remembering all that i learned when in israel and in jerusalem, is that it must have been from the first destruction of the temple.... which is kinda cool. that i can combine both knowledge from diff things into 1, hopefully ill remember it well for the exam! not many jews in rome, its fun to see some jewish stuff- even if its tech a bad thing. i was like the only one to recognize it was a menorah on the arch from my class. i prob should really check out that synogogue near me- maybe there will be a koshermart with bamba like in florence!
they also had this temple for like 13 women or something. they are picked at the age of 5 and have to be virgins because they are supposed to be pure and protect the fire. literally, no joke an actual fire. if the fire went out they were punished. at the age of 33 they were allowed to leave and get married. isnt that weird/crazy.
so here i sit freezing in my room, with the hail outside and no heat and my broken bed, and my dirty sheets cuz my roomie was in my bed under my comfortor and hungry and tired and not wanting to study for my quiz. ever. just like spanish i suck at italian. and my classs dsnt teach my anything cept how to book a hotel. which is dumb, because if we actually called to book a hotel- which we dnt, because u do it online and we are students os its hostels and they speak english, we wldnt be able to understand anyways. i rather learn how to order things or ask for directions. sighh
im getting excited for munich tho! i found a media place which is kinda like a best buy. so hopefuyll they will have a charger and battery for my camera since my package is never ever coming. i was gunna go today till it decided to pour and hail. weird weather.
excited for warmer weather and a beer coat in munich where i will be in 7 layers....i seriously mean 2 leggings, jeans, uggs (hope it dsnt pour), tank top, short sleeve, long sleeve, big tshirt, sweatshirt, northface, raincoat. sound good? gloves, hat, scarf....maybe 3 socks and i might be good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment